Among the many people who suffer from joint pain, a great deal of them suffers from muscle and joint pains. This can cause major discomforts that disrupt one’s way of life. Mobility becomes a big issue, that it takes a mammoth of difficulties to accomplish the simplest of tasks, not to mention the many complications that come with immobility.
Muscle and joint pains can be caused by various factors all varying from one individual to the other. It can be due to overusing of specific muscles or joints as a result of an occupational hazard. It can also be a result of a joint-related disease. In some cases, it can be caused by the deficiency of vital nutrients that support bone and muscle health.
Treatment for joint pain may also vary from person to person, depending on the severity and seriousness of the pains. As alternatives to conventional medication, diet and mineral supplements, and medication are some of the known means of providing relief for joint pains.
In this article, we’ll look at a topical cream for pain relief known as Blue-Emu.
What Is Blue-Emu?
Blue-Emu is a topical soothing formula made to provide relief from joint and muscle pains. The product can be applied topically to any of the affected parts to provide the much-needed soothing relief.
According to the manufacturer, this cream can also be applied to chapped, weathered, and dry skin with the aim of moisturizing while at the same time targeting on the aching body parts.
The original product comes in the form of a cream in a white container that features a blue and red label. However, there are other product variants that come in squeezable tubes, all of them designed for pain relief.
Who Makes Blue-EmuThe parent company of Blue-Emu is NFI Consumer Products. The company has its headquarters in Bristol, Tennessee, even though they apparently have a few other branches across the US.
How Does It Work?
The fact that this product is in cream form, means that it’s to be physically applied to the affected parts. Once applied, both the anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of this product are delivered directly to the affected areas. The oleic fatty acids in this product help to facilitate the thorough penetration of the main ingredients deeper into the skin.
In addition to this, the fatty characteristics of this cream allow the relief to be felt hours after the application.
As the name suggests, this product contains emu oil. Historically, the Australian natives used the Emu fat as an antiseptic, moisturizer, and pain reliever, among other uses. In the modern day, the use of emu oil in joint-related health products is increasingly becoming a norm. A variety of studies actually suggest that emu oil is a super-effective anti-inflammatory.
Let’s look at the complete list of ingredients in this product.
- Emu Oil – This is a powerful transdermal carrier that has the ability to penetrate into the skin. This ingredient is also used in the treatment of injuries and pains. This ingredient is certified by the American Emu Association.
- Glucosamine – Glucosamine is an amino sugar compound that is very effective in repairing damaged tissues and damaged cartilage in the joints. The compound is known to possess anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and joint inflammations.
- Aloe Vera Gel – this ingredient that is derived from the leaves of the Aloe Vera herb. The Aloe Vera gel contains aloin, an anthraquinone that gives this ingredient its laxative properties. It has also been used to treat skin conditions. For this reason, it helps to soften the skin for the easier penetration of the other ingredients of the formula into the skin.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSN) – This is an organosulfur compound that is widely used for treating joint pains. It has analgesic and palliative properties; suggestive the product could be indeed an effective pain reliever.
- Can help relieve inflammation, swelling, and pain in the joints
- It has a mild, non-offensive scent
- Quite easy to use
- Gentle on the skin
- Not to be used with other topical products unless if otherwise advised by your physician
How Do I Use Blue-Emu?
It is advised to evenly apply and distribute Blue-Emu onto the affected area and thoroughly massage it to allow and facilitate absorption. During the very first two weeks, apply this product 2-3 times in a day. After the two weeks, you can reduce this dosage to per as needed basis.
Below are some important precautions when using Blue-Emu.
- Seek immediate medical attention if swallowed
- Avoid the use of heating pads on areas where Blue-Emu is applied
- Wash your hands immediately after use
- Keep out of children’s reach
- Do not apply to broken, damaged, or irritated skin
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to shellfish
- Unless specified by your physician, do not use this product along with other topical products
The product is recommended for anyone suffering from joint and muscle pain. As per its maker, it can be ideal for athletes and bodybuilders who most often experience muscle and joint pain after intense training.
Moreover, it is also suitable for use by children but under the strict supervision of an adult. In addition to this, it can also be used by those recovering from injuries or undergoing physical therapy.
How Much Does It Cost?
This product is not prescription-only pain relief product. It is available in leading drugstores all over the US. In the official Blue-Emu website, you can purchase the 2-jar, 12 oz., 5.5 oz, and the maximum arthritis pain relief cream. The 2-jar special Blue-Emu pack comes at the price of $53.78.
The respective prices are as follows currently:
- Lidocaine Pain Cream Tube – $15.99
- Foot Therapy Cream 5.5 oz Tube – $15.99
- Maximum Arthritis Pain Relief Cream Tube – $18.99
- Blue-Emu Original, 12 oz. 2-Jar Special – $53.78
What Is Their Return Policy?
There’s a 90-day money-back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the results. You get a full refund minus shipping and handling.
Do They Offer a Free Trial or Auto Ship Program?
There are no details from the official website about any free trials or auto-ship program.
The combination of Emu oil with the other natural ingredients shows promising results, especially against inflammation and pain relief. The online reviews on this product are also positive, with many users highly recommending its usage.
The packaging is also very attractive, not forgetting its ease of use even by those with painful finger joints. Unlike other topical products, consumer reviews have revealed it to be gentle on the skin and to have a pleasant smell. It also doesn’t leave a sticky residue on the area of application.
In a nutshell, Blue-Emu can be worth a try if you’re looking for a topical solution that will rid your muscle pain and joint pain as well as other associated discomforts. You just need to know which specific package is best for you.
Turmeric & Ginger
Turmeric Curcumin Plus
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the article above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. We only recommend products we believe will be of benefit to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”