Well, if you thought that only humans get affected by joint-related ailments; you’ve got it all wrong! Truth is, arthritis is also a common problem among dogs and cats, especially as they age. The saddest thing, however, may be to witness your furry or kitty friend experience the excruciating pain that is as a result of arthritis or physical injury.
That dog that used to greet you at the door, very active in the woods, snatching frisbees halfway to the sky, begins to slow down and it even gets difficult for them to get up. They become sad, less playful, and you can outrightly see that they’re hurting.
So how can you tell that your pet is suffering from joint pain or has arthritis? Here are some symptoms you might want to watch out for.
- Lameness and stiffness mostly after rest
- Difficulty in rising after rest
- A tendency to sleep more and lethargy
- Muscle atrophy
- Pain that is mostly vocalized when touched
- Licking the joints
- Reduce activity
Since your pet can’t come and tell you that they are in pain, the above symptoms will help detect some abnormalities. But this doesn’t mean that it’s all doom for your kitty or furry companion. All you need is an effective means of treatment or in this case, an effective joint health supplement for pets such as Flexpet.
So, what exactly is Flexpet, who makes it, how does it work and how should it be taken?
With more bias on its use in dogs and cats, let’s try and decipher all these and more questions in the Flexpet review below.
What Is Flexpet?
Flexpet is a dietary hip and joint supplement for dogs and is designed to relieve your suffering pet from pains and discomforts that are as a result of arthritis, hip dysplasia, and injury. One thing to note about this product though is that it’s not a cure for old age.
Most of the ingredients found in Flexpet are the same as the human grade ingredients found it it’s “human version” known as Flexcin.
The supplement comes in a blue/white bottle that contains 60 chewable tablets of the formula.
The product is available for purchase online via the Flexpet official website as well as the major online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and eBay.
On the Flexpet official webpage, you’ll notice that this product is highly recommended by vets such as Dr. David Randall and others. It is also backed by a lot of research and endorsed by renowned veterinarians.
Who Makes This Stuff?
Flexpet is made by the same manufacturers who brought you Flexcin, a well-regarded human joint supplement. The parent company, Flexcin International is a reputed manufacturer of various joint health supplements both for humans and pets. Based in Florida, USA, the company has been around since its establishment in 1997.
Flexcin International was founded by one Tamer Elsafy, who is also president and CEO to date. However, it was not until 2005 that the company developed and started producing a joint care supplement for pets, Flexpet, which has been around since that with multiple positive consumer reviews online.
According to the Better Business Bureau, they currently have a BBB rating of A+ and have been in business for more than 19 years since becoming a registered corporation.
How Does It Work?
Flexpet comes in chewable tablets that are easily consumed by canines. The product is only designed to help with pet discomforts caused by joint and hip pains. The ingredients in this product have been found to not only be effective pain relievers but also boosting your pet’s energy.
According to the manufacturer, and from the testimonials of various vets, this product will help your dog recover quickly and get back on its feet and also enjoy healthier muscles and joints.
In a nutshell, though, the formula is said to work by nourishing the joints, supporting stronger cartilage, and enhancing joint lubrication, to increase mobility while fighting pain and inflammation.
The main ingredient in Flexpet is a compound known as Cetyl Myristoleate (CM8). Allegedly, this is what sets this product apart from the rest. CM8 is known to be effective in reducing swelling and improving joint lubrication. It’s, therefore, expected that after taking this supplement, your pet’s mobility will be improved. CM8 may also help protect your pet against arthritis. Other ingredients in the formula include the following.
- Glucosamine: This is a natural chemical compound that is not only found in humans but in dogs also. It plays an important role in rebuilding the joints and cartilage keeping them intact and healthy.
- Methylsulfonylmethane: Also known as MSM, this is a very important organic sulfur compound. It helps to improve joint support and is also effective in reducing inflammation. It is also found in other pet products such as those that help with allergy relief.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen II: This compound has been found to be ideal in especially reducing inflammation. It’s also an important component that helps in the renewal and maintenance of connective tissues to improve the pet’s overall joint health when ingested orally. It is highly helpful in arthritis and joint pain treatment.
- Bromelain: this is a naturally occurring enzyme complex found in pineapples. For a long time, ancient dwellers of Central and South America used it to reduce swellings and inflammations. It’s, therefore, not a surprise that it’s in Flexpet.
- Flexpet uses all natural ingredients
- Flexpet is available in chewable form
- Mild to zero side effects
- May eliminate the need for surgery
- Treats the issues, not the symptoms
- It’s a multi-pet supplement
- It may take some time for the real benefits to be observed
- Flexpet pricing can be on the higher side
How to Use Flexpet
The most important part of this segment is ensuring that you control the dosage of this supplement to avoid any further complications.
As per the provider, the proper dosage of Flexpet for dogs and cats is 1-2 tablets for small sized dogs (under 20 pounds) and all cats, 2-3 tablets for larger dogs (25-75 pounds), and 3-4 tablets for the extra-large size of dogs (above 75 pounds).
How Much Does It Cost?
There are three main packages currently available.
- 1 bottle (60 tablets to last for 30 days) – $39.95 plus shipping/handling
- 3 bottles (180 tablets to last for 90 days) – $79.90 plus shipping/handling
- Trial Pack (36 tablets in sachets) – $20.00 plus shipping/handling
What Is Their Return Policy?
The company provides a 100% money back guarantee for purchases of 30 bottles and more. They promise to give a full refund (minus shipping and handling costs) in case you’re not satisfied.
Do They Offer a Free Trial or Auto Ship Program?
A free trial pack is not available for the Flexpet supplement. No information is available about auto-shipping on the official Flexpet website.
Flexpet has been around for more than a decade, and its manufacturer even longer. It is readily available online not only on the official website but also on other major retail sites. They offer a slightly favorable money-back guarantee and the product seems to be quite reputable.
Despite its slightly above-average pricing, Flexpet is vet-recommended for pets, not forgetting that it uses natural ingredients that have a science backing.
Owing to its many pluses than negatives, Flexpet can be a recommendable supplement for your pet’s hip and joint pains as well as related ailments.