From the same publication, most of the joint pain issues are as a result of arthritis, whose prevalence is estimated by the CDC to have reached 78 million US adults by 2040. Well, from these statistics, it is clear that you’re not alone if you’re dealing with joint pain or related issues.
However, the big challenge comes in choosing a reliable product to help soothe the pain and frustration. In most cases, pain in the joints occurs as a result of aging, which causes a decrease in the production of collagen, cartilage production and, joint lubrication. Other common causes include injuries and overuse of joints and their surrounding muscles. Needless to mention, conventional medication and dietary supplements are the two most common remedies available.
But then again, it reaches a point where certain pain relievers and joint care medication no longer provide you with relief. Some of them are also known to have certain side effects, which are often caused by the synthetic ingredients they are made from. For such individuals, natural dietary supplements become the best alternatives to run for.
And as a smart shopper, you can’t just pick the first product that comes your way from an internet search, it is important to pick a product that is well known for its effectiveness, safety, recommended dosage, constituent ingredients, and considerable pricing.
Well, the big question here is: is Theramine a great solution for joint pain issues?
In our Theramine review, here are a few pointers that can help you make an informed decision.
What Is Theramine?
Theramine is a natural amino-acid blend in a dietary supplement that seeks to promote joint health by reducing pain, inflammation, and overall joint function. The provider likes to call it a “medical food” owing to the fact that it provides the user with certain essential amino acids in amounts higher than they can acquire from their regular diets alone.
As you will discover from Theramine’s list of ingredients below, these amino acids are highly important in combating joint pains and inflammations while providing a myriad of other neurologic and muscular health benefits. The product comes in a white bottle with a sky-blue and purple label. Each bottle contains 120 capsules.
The official Theramine website also claims that the product has been on the market for more than a decade and that they have sold more than 26 million capsules without receiving a side-effects claim or complaint. The manufacturer advertises it as a great alternative to certain pain relievers and pharmaceutical products such as some opioids and NSAIDs that tend to cause addiction and other side effects.
This brings us to the next important point: who are the makers of Theramine?
Who Makes It?
The makers of Theramine are a company known as Physician Therapeutics. The facility is a division of a Los Angeles, California-based company known as Target Medical Pharma.
In addition to Theramine, the company also provides other dietary health supplements such as immune system boosters, cognitive boosters, sleep support pills, weight management, and blood pressure support products. The product has actually featured on some of the internet-based health websites, including Medscape, WebMD, and CNBC, just to name a few.
In addition to the official Theramine website, most of their products are also sold on major health supplement websites online, including revelation health and the Professional Supplement Center, among others. Apparently, the product’s effectiveness and safety are supported by multiple clinical trials.
But how exactly does Theramine work?
How Does It Work?
How Theramine works, revolves around the mechanisms and processes involved in the science of pain. In most cases, pain is caused by inflammation, which is mostly triggered by chemical toxins, allergens, and immune complexes formed at a site of injury. One of the ways through which pain can be reduced or relieved is by reducing or eliminating this inflammation. Another way is by blocking the pain receptors or signals that are sent from the nerves to the brain.
Well, Theramine is believed to work through both of these ways. It has an all-natural blend of amino acid ingredients that curb and fight inflammation while dealing with the pain from its root cause.
Each of these ingredients plays a role in the process, where some of them act as anti-inflammatories, some increase neurotransmitter production, and some increase the cellular absorption of others in a coordinated approach.
In a nutshell, it’s all about the receptors, neurotransmitters, signals, and chemicals involved in pain and inflammation processes and pathways. The alleged fact that Theramine fights pain from its root cause instead of masking it is perhaps the main reason why the product has become so popular in the joint health supplement market.
Theramine is one of the supplements in the market with a huge load of safe and natural active ingredients in the formulation. The medical food has a total of 11 ingredients, all of which are considered safe by the food and drug administration. Some of these ingredients include the following:
- Choline Bitartrate: Choline Bitartrate is a precursor of a nervous system substance known as acetylcholine (Ach), which is arguably the most common neurotransmitter in humans. The ingredient boosts the production of ACh, which is known to be effective in moderating the signals of pain. It can also help in slowing down the progression of dementia and improving your overall nervous system health.
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid: This one is also known as GABA and it is responsible for blocking impulses between nerve cells when in higher amounts. It is also known to be effective in reducing the volume and frequency of pain signals, which makes it a huge plus in a joint relief formulation.
- Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate: If you’ve ever done some research on nutrition, diet routines, weight loss or body fitness, higher chances are that you’ve come across the term branched chain amino acids and the many benefits of BCAAs in the diet. One of the most important ones in this context is that it helps reduce soreness in muscles and tissues. Additionally, they are also part of the building blocks of muscles, which are made of tissues and cells. In Theramine, this ingredient increases your body’s supply of the important amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine.
- L-Arginine: L-arginine is another amino acid that plays many roles in the human body. In the supplement, the ingredient helps to increase the body’s production of nitric oxide (NO). Nitric oxide plays an important role in reducing pain, inflammation, and fatigue.
- L-Histidine: L- Histidine is an essential amino acid that works as a precursor to histamine, which increases the body’s response to inflammation. Additionally, it has been found vital in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. It also supports nerve cell health, has antioxidant properties to fight free radicals, and helps improve joint health and function.
- L-Glutamine: This is yet another one of the most important amino acids in humans. In joint health supplements, L-Glutamine plays an important role as an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory, especially upon being broken down into glutamic acid, glutamate, and glutathione. It is also known to be essential in modulating the digestive, immune, and nervous systems.
- L-Serine: This ingredient plays a huge role in the production of serotonin as well as d-serine. It is important in the development and maintenance of healthy nerve cells as well as the regulation of pain signals.
- Theobromine: Often an extract of the cocoa plant, theobromine is vital in inhibiting the effects of adenosine, an action that helps maintain cellular health while allowing the regulation of pain signals by neurotransmitters.
- Cinnamon Bark Extract: A common constituent in dietary supplements, cinnamon has a myriad of health benefits in the human body. Some of these benefits include acting as a pain reliever, reducing tissue spasms, and protecting the cells from damage by free radicals. It is also helpful in improving appetite and boosting the nervous system health.
- Grape Seed Extract: This natural extract is one of the most important ingredients in the Theramine joint formulation. At least 85% of it are polyphenols and flavonoids, which are highly potent antioxidants that help protect the cells from free radical damage and reduce inflammation. It also helps sustain the effect of this joint supplement with respect to time.
- Griffonia Seed Extract: As a dietary supplement, there are more than just a few science-backed health benefits of 5-HTP, which constitutes about 95% of this ingredient. One of these is that it enhances the body’s production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter substance that helps regulate pain, appetite, mood, and sleep. It is specifically known to be effective in fighting general fatigue as well as pain in the muscles and bones in sufferers of fibromyalgia.
The other great thing about Theramine is that it doesn’t contain added sugar, yeast, preservatives, starch or artificial flavors. Other (inactive) ingredients in the formula include gelatin, titanium dioxide, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, tricalcium phosphate, and microcrystalline cellulose.
But what are the pluses and negatives of this supplement?
- Formulated with natural ingredients that are science-backed
- Many ingredients that are considered safe and effective
- Readily available online
- Manufacturer offers refunds
- Cost-effective compared to competitor products on the market
- Classified by the FDA as a ‘Medical Food’
- Made by a GPM compliant manufacturer
- Many positive consumer testimonials online
- Provides other benefits in addition to joint pain
- Refunds only available for 3 bottle purchases (official website)
- Only available online
How do I use Theramine?
Each 30-day bottle of Theramine comes with 120 capsules. Take 4 pills a day, preferably 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening with water on a full stomach.
What Is Their Return Policy?
A 30% restocking fee is charged for refunds on returns of 3 or more bottles on the official website, but Amazon does not require this.
Compared to many other supplements around, Theramine seems to stand out from the rest. this is especially the case regarding the active ingredients, the product’s safety, its effectiveness, and backing by clinical studies. It is also made by a reputable manufacturer who adheres with the required manufacturing standards.
It is easy to acquire online and comes at a relatively affordable price with the possibility of saving more than a hundred dollars depending on how much of it your purchase.
In summary, Theramine is a recommended product that one can feel comfortable trying in for joint pain relief. It’s advised, however, to consider consulting your doctor for advice before using the product.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the article above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. We only recommend products we believe will be of benefit to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”