What is Flexdermal? Ingredients, Benefits, and Side Effects
Flexdermal is a muscle rub that can help you combat joint and muscle pain. It features a three-ingredient formula that contains menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus oil.
The benefits of each ingredient are backed by scientific research. Each ingredient has potent anti-inflammatory and pain-numbing properties.
The muscle rub can help relieve osteoarthritis pain, sore or strained muscles and reduce joint swelling. Regular use can help you leave an active and healthy life regardless of age.
All the ingredients in Flexdermal are GMP laboratory certified. The product is manufactured in an FDA approved facility by Pharmaxa Labs.
Each tube of Flexdermal contains four fluid ounces of the muscle rub. The three main ingredients in the formula are:
- Eucalyptus oil
Menthol is a known counter-irritant, and a common ingredient in cough drops. It is also used to treat minor aches and pains and is a staple ingredient in topical pain relievers.
A study (1) tested a menthol based analgesic against regular ice packs for pain relief and found the former to be more productive.
Eucalyptus oil is a counter-irritant, and a staple ingredient in cough drops. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Research (2) indicates that eucalyptus oil can alleviate discomfort associated with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Camphor is an organic compound obtained from the wood of camphor trees. It has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties and is used in various ointments to treat skin conditions and relieve muscle soreness.
A study (3) on the efficacy of camphor oil for muscular pain relief, found the compound to be beneficial.
The formula also contains purified water, isopropyl alcohol, glycerine, acrylates, phenoxyethanol ethylhexylglycerine, and CL 42090.
- Isopropyl alcohol is a potent anti-septic and is a staple ingredient in lotions, cosmetics, and ointments.
- Glycerine ensures the muscle rub does not dry out or irritate the skin.
- CL 42090 is a blue colorant that's used in toothpaste and mouthwashes. It is non-toxic and safe to use.
- Acrylates act as counter-irritants and are safe to use in controlled quantities.
- Phenoxyethanol Ethylhexylglycerine aids the absorption of the ointment into the skin membrane.
Warnings and Precautions
- Keep Away from Children – Flexdermal is not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
- Do Not Ingest – It is a topical ointment only and is not safe for ingestion. In case of accidental ingestion, rinse your mouth thoroughly and consult your physician.
- Discontinue Use if Irritation Occurs – If you notice a rash or redness around the skin, discontinue immediately.
- Store in a Cool Dry Place - Long-term exposure to heat and direct sunlight can reduce the pain reliever's efficacy.
- Do Not Overdose – Do not apply to one area more than four times a day. If the pain persists, consult your physician.
- Not Safe for Use on Animals – the product has not been tested for use on animals, so keep it away from your pets.
Flexdermal features a fast-absorbing and non-greasy pain relief formula. It can help reduce muscle soreness, soothe skin, and alleviate joint pain with its anti-inflammatory properties.The company offers a 60-day, 100% money-back guarantee. Want to know more about the product and how it can help you live an active pain-free life?
Check out our detailed Flexdermal review. Click here