What is Turmeric Curcumin Plus? Ingredients, Benefits, and Side Effects
Turmeric Curcumin Plus is a dietary supplement for improving joint health. It is made with all-natural ingredients and is suitable for a wide range of users with different joint issues.
It can help control joint pain and discomfort. It is also said to increase flexibility and mobility, in addition to repairing damaged cartilages.
As is evident by the name, the main ingredients of this supplement are turmeric and curcumin. Each component is backed by scientific research and known to encourage overall joint health.
The product is vegan-friendly and comes in the form of capsules made with vegetable cellulose.
As highlighted on the product packaging, Turmeric Curcumin Plus can support users with:
- Improved joint and muscle health
- A healthy immune system
- Antioxidative qualities
Other key features of this supplement include a non-GMO and a completely gluten-free formula.
The company that manufactures and markets Turmeric Curcumin Plus is Vita Balance Inc. It is a natural health and wellness company headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.
This product is made by GMP guidelines in a FDA registered production facility.
Turmeric Curcumin Plus has a relatively simple formula consisting of three main ingredients. Together, they create a three-step action that can help combat joint pain and promote holistic joint performance.
The ingredients, and their amount per serving (2 capsules), are:
- Organic Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) root – 1200 mg
- Turmeric Curcuminoids – 100 mg
- BioPerine – 10 mg
The following is a brief explanation of how each of these ingredients work in maintaining good joint health.
Turmeric is rich in compounds known to fight the free radicals that lead to joint and muscle soreness. It also has strong anti-inflammatory properties, usually the root cause of most types of joint aches.
Several researchers  confirm that taking turmeric supplements can reduce joint pain. This is mainly due to its antioxidative properties.
Curcuminoids are natural polyphenol compounds that are from the turmeric root. Curcuminoids play a role in repairing damaged cartilages.
Research  indicates that curcuminoids are the primary agents responsible for most of the benefits of turmeric itself.
BioPerine is a branded form of black pepper extract used in several health supplements. It is rich in piperine; a natural chemical compound touted for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antitumor properties.
A clinical study  found black pepper extract to improve the absorption of curcumin in animals and human volunteers by almost 2,000%!
In addition to the three main ingredients, the supplement also contains an inactive mineral salt, magnesium stearate. It is added to prevent the powder from turning into lumps. Magnesium stearate is considered safe to consume in small quantities.
The product label does not say anything about experiencing any side effects from the use of this supplement.
However, it does recommend users to take the following precautions:
- Use in conjunction with a sensible diet and regular exercise – Proper diet and exercise play an essential role in the absorption of nutrients in this supplement. Therefore, for optimal results, it's best to take a wholesome and well-balanced diet along with doing light exercises.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose – Turmeric Curcumin Plus is a nutraceutical. That is a type of pharmaceutical drug designed to deliver vital nutrients. Thus, it must only be used as directed. According to the manufacturer, the recommended dose is two capsules per day or as directed by your physician. Overdose can lead to unwanted side effects.
- Consult a physician before use – If you are pregnant or nursing, have a known medical condition, or use any other medicines that may interfere with this supplement, it's better to talk to a health practitioner before use.
- Store in a cool, dry place – Exposure to direct heat or sunlight can reduce the supplement's efficacy.
- Keep out of reach of children – Turmeric Curcumin is designed for adults to use only. Individuals must not use it under 18 years of age.
Want to learn more about the potential benefits of this joint health supplement and see what customers have to say?
Check out our detailed Turmeric Curcumin Plus review.